Sunday, March 18, 2012
1. I was looking out at a road-- a road I interpreted as being the major artery in our community heading west. In reality, this road is somewhat flat and straight. But in my dream it also had a few hills and curves. I was on a bus along with one other passenger. The bus suddenly stopped. I looked up to see that there was road construction ahead. We had to get off the bus and use bicycles.
2. I was looking out at a low lying range of forested hills. I knew that just beyond the hills lay some of my favorite walking paths and rest areas. From dreams in previous years, I knew there were ponds, grassy meadows, as well as a stream nestled snugly under forest cover. Also, good fishing! No better place to go to retreat!
A trim elderly couple in great shape approached. They were also out hiking that day. However, I knew that ahead on the other side of the hill, the trail was closed. They were doing construction.. a housing project or stadium or something else of the sort. So I told them about the path being closed over there. So chose to walk down the other road.
3. I was standing on the main street here in the town at an intersection(it didn't look at all like our town, but I felt from the dream it was still this town). A new road had evidently just been completed. It was wider than the average road and made of bricks.Evidently it was for walking only. There were people lined up on both sides of the road holding flags. Evidently this was some sort of opening ceremony. In order to avoid someone passing by, I moved over closer to a Taiwanese lady standing on the side in front of the intersection of the road where the people were carrying flags. I woke up.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Last night I was in a crowded van. A storm looked like it was developing around us. Maybe lightning and thunder from a distance. In my dream I thought we might see a tornado as well and waited for it to appear. But I couldn’t dream it into the dream. LOL.
I didn’t take notes so have already forgetten the rest.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
I was with a team travelling incognito inside a freight car of a train, oh, for maybe a half hour or so, to a train yard outside the city (whatever city that might have been).
We walked off the train and across the platform to a heavy iron door, which someone unlocked (I was viewing this from the inside). The door led into a cave inside the mountain just off to the side of the platform.
We had entered the Bat Cave! Fancy computers, high tech gizmos… I was even vaguely aware in the dream of the nearby presence of a batmobile, although I didn’t see it!
No, we were not Batmen or Robin, but some other sort of specialized team with a specific mission which as not clear from the content of the brief dream. Anyhow, that’s all I remember!
Monday, April 26, 2010
I was travelling in the back seat (?) of an older car on a road which was bumpy in places. We stopped to pick up an least one passenger and probably more. We passed a church on the left of the denomination of which I am a worker.
The road suddenly grew steep… like maybe a 30 degree angle…. straight and steep… but then weaving in places like a mountain road. There were houses and occasional businesses along the side of the road, but the steepness and increasing altitude would indicate not many people lived up here and that travel would be difficult.
We arrived at an old large church, accessible only by two vertically ascending (also maybe a 20 to 30 degree angle) tunnel-like entrances to the right and left of the main entrance. We went in the one to the left.
It was not high enough to walk up without me getting down on my hands and knees. Unfortunately it was muddy and we/I arrived inside the main entrance with dirty trousers.
Inside, the church was an older more traditional sort, with pews, old carpet, clean but old, an exaggeration some I visited last trip back in the United States. I have no idea what this dream might mean if anything, except that it’s important to keep with the times, be accessible, etc. in what we do and who we are.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
I was preparing to share a presentation, like so many other times I’ve done before in so many small environments. But this was no ordinary-sized venue—it was a super-sized large scale environment of the extra-professional variety. As we drove in the parking lot to the back of the structure, it was one of those super-size warehouse looking buildings. We went in through the back.
Here I saw that there were many different rooms and/or studios backstage, each with different technical functions. There was a waiting room for speakers and others as they waited backstage. There was a lot of hustle and bustle. Soon someone came for me to show me around.
There was a balcony area where multi-media and sound system equipment sat next to a railing. This again was like so many other places I have been before, just on a larger scale. But this time I didn’t have to worry about checking out connections, setting up myself, etc. Other people were all doing it for me.
I was directed back to the speaking area… not in front where people could actually see me, but back in a back room in front of a camera. And not behind a podium. Strange… the way their speaker there typically spoke was by lying flat chest down on a bed/cushion type-structure facing forward to look into a camera and manipulate a variety of controls, etc. Of course, in a dream state all this seemed normal and not particularly out of the ordinary.
Again, all this was was ready/being tested for me. All I would have to do was to give the same talk and show the same presentation I could almost do in my sleep.
Except I had to have the thumb drive/laptop/notes with the presentation in them before I could hook into the marvelous super-professional environment all around me. In a moment of anxiety, I realized I might be in trouble as I didn’t appear to have it or anything else with me!
How might this dream fit into reality? I am anticipating feeling some pressure to carry on/develop an activity that was just started by others while I was away for a few months. The people coming so far are acquaintances of mine I’ve cultivated over time, so no pressure there. The pressure comes in knowing that I will be the only one of our team to carry on the normal office functions, to assimilate new contacts, as well as handle any other extra activity going on, travel for meetings, etc. with a few people offering suggestions and direction from the side. Perhaps I am feeling a little unprepared and overwhelmed in light of the challenge. But this is just a guess… can’t say for sure where the dream came from!
Monday, September 14, 2009
Posts to this dream blog continue to be sporadic at best… Fragments from the endings of two dreams, both from the past week:
1. Sitting in a church worship service – right when it is concluding. In giving the benediction, the pastor, someone I knew in a not very positive light from 15 plus years ago, suddenly decided to go off on another enthusiastic mini-sermon. I’m sitting beside a friend who was a youth worker at the time who went on to become a pastor himself... it’s good to be sitting beside this guy who at different times endured evil from the same party as I did. I don’t remember what the man up front said, but just as I woke up, I remember him saying something about putting “lemon in tang.” Who knows where that came from!!! 很好笑！
In the dream, I feel safe and secure as there is sufficient distance and time separating me from a source of pain and hurt in the distant past. This person was used by God . But there’s also a wise awareness I wouldn’t want to ever put myself or anyone else in the position to let this person harm again.
2. Back in the research institution I worked in to pay my way through graduate school 22 years ago. Only, they’ve relocated in a high rise building (some of the office structures look the same, however, and some offices that used to be in separate buildings have merged together in my dream). Also, almost everyone is gone as they are apparently moving out of this facility or discontinuing. I’m not a fulltime employee here anymore but only come back occasionally as a consultant… VERY occasionally. Like almost never. On this particular drop-in, I have a desk set up with an experiment or something electronic I had been monitoring set up on it. But just about everything else is gone so I know I need to move this out as well. At one point I say hello to someone who is in another room whom I knew from 20 years ago…
Thursday, August 13, 2009
In a previous post I described the common jump-flying dream feeling. In a dream I had a few minutes ago, I was again jump-flying across expansive mountainous terrain (not the terrain described in JRR Tolkien’s trilogy, by the way). But this time I was jumping over into “Morder”, well, actually to a holding area adjacent to Morder. And my jumps were more modest—not really flying leaps and bounds, hundreds of feet at a time, more like dozens only. My identity was not myself, but I’m sure who I was supposed to be, either.
As I approached the area, my leaps became smaller. I encountered a series of elevated wooden poles and pulleys, used perhaps as a sort of transportation or freight system. Suspended in the air, I used my arms with ease (much like jumping with ease) to move along it. It was much like the horizontal monkey bar contraption at a typical elementary school which is used to build arm strength, only much higher – maybe two stories in the air-- and made of wood with ropes attached. Anyway, as I moved rapidly along it. I became aware that I moved into territory where a few orc guards were present off in the distance so I pulled myself back over in the direction in which I had come.
I allowed myself to pass through a curtain divider crease into and out of a room. There on the other side in some trees I encountered two little boys. There were a few animals (monkeys?) hiding out in the trees as well. The boys were not prisoners; I do not know why they were there. High up in the tree, one of the boys offered me a mini-stool/chair (about 8 inches across, no arms) in which to sit which would have been more comfortable than sitting on the branches. He took the other one. He/they had a small cardboard box apparently filled with rou4song4, which was their meal subsistence there in that place. They were going to have to make it last a while ( much like Frodo and company had to live off the lembas!).
Anyway, at some point I became aware of the reason for my being there in that place… this was an advance scouting trip in preparation of a one-man rescue operation. I think the person I was supposed to rescue was the wife of the person I was supposed to be in the dream. Could have been the boys I bumped into as well, but not this trip. Anyway, the gal had been abducted and was a prisoner in Morder. However, this was only a prep-trip so using my arms I loped off through the trees/wooden suspension poles (more like Tarzan now), slipping through a curtain-like cardboard wall divider in and out through the side of a house, back through the trees, and then hitting the ground running as I started jump-flying again.
At this point it occurred to me how easy it would be to be shot by an arrow or some other weapon in the leg by an orc guard. This would render at least one leg incapable of jump-flying. But fortunately this did not happen. I made it back to wherever it was I had come from.. not a clear part of the dream. Anyway, someone made it clear to me that I had been set-up… that things were made to look like I would be able to slip easily in and out of Morder… “NOBODY slips into and out of Morder without being unseen.” In hindsight, I realized how obvious this fact was. It was just made to appear like I had snuck in and out . I knew the return trip would be much harder. As I pondered my next move for the rescue operation this segment of the dream concluded and I woke up to the sound of bird noises upstairs… It was 5:30 am.