Monday, April 26, 2010

Church Visit

 

I was travelling in the back seat (?) of an older car on a road which was bumpy in places. We stopped to pick up an least one passenger and probably more. We passed a church on the left of the denomination of which I am a worker.

The road suddenly grew steep… like maybe a 30 degree angle…. straight and steep… but then weaving in places like a mountain road. There were houses and occasional businesses along the side of the road, but the steepness and increasing altitude would indicate not many people lived up here and that travel would be difficult.

We arrived at an old large church, accessible only by two vertically ascending (also maybe a 20 to 30 degree angle) tunnel-like entrances to the right and left of the main entrance. We went in the one to the left.

It was not high enough to walk up without me getting down on my hands and knees. Unfortunately it was muddy and we/I arrived inside the main entrance with dirty trousers.

Inside, the church was an older more traditional sort, with pews, old carpet, clean but old, an exaggeration some I visited last trip back in the United States. I have no idea what this dream might mean if anything, except that it’s important to keep with the times, be accessible, etc. in what we do and who we are.

No comments: